Friday, June 03, 2005

In Name Only

Why is it that so many so-called Christians don't practice their faith? I am getting really tired of hearing people say they are Christian, and then turn around and deliberately do things that are against Christ . They act like it's no big deal. They say,"God knows my heart." Oh yeah, He knows. He knows that you care more about what you want than what He says.

It is a big deal. Calling on God to testify that you are his - which is what you are doing when you say you are a Christian - makes God look like either a liar or an idiot. You make God seem the hypocrite-"Yeah I did give you the commandments, but I didn't really mean it. I didn't know what I was saying. Do whatever you want."- when, actually, you are the hypocrite.

If you believe in Christ, then you know He is smarter than you. He actually knows what is better for you than you do. Live according to His will. And don't tell me you don't know His will. Even people who don't believe in God at all have a very good idea what it means to be Christian. If you are calling yourself Christian, then you know what needs to be done. Read your bible. Join a church. Pray every day. Pray like He hears you and cares what you say, because He does. And listen for His voice - He's there. Ask Him to help you develop your relationship with Him - He will. And one more thing: keep people around you who have a strong relationship with God; it really helps. They can answer your questions and encourage you when you need it.

If you don't really believe, then don't say you are a Christian. This is lying. You are pretending to be something that you are not - which is what the word 'hypocrite' means.

It is people like you that make Christ look bad, when He has nothing to do with it. Choose one side or the other. For the day will come when He will say," I know your works; I know that you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of my mouth!" *

Choose Life, that you may live. You won't regret it.


* Revelation 3:15-16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home