Thursday, April 14, 2005

Consequences

I was once going to join the Armed Forces. I even had an interview with a recruiter. But then I asked myself whether I was ready to fight, if called upon. The answer was negative. I was too messed up at that time in my life.

I watched a guy on TV one day say he didn't want to go to Iraq because he joined the military for the GI bill, not for war. Dude, what part of the word 'military' do you not understand? You knew that fighting was a possibility when you joined. Are you saying that you want to use the government for money, but you don't want to contribute to your own (and other's) freedom in any way? I don't feel sorry for you. You decided to gamble and you lost. Don't tell me you didn't understand the risks. GROW UP!

If you're not willing to accept the consequences of your actions, don't commit the act. It's as simple as that. This applies to everything in life. Decide to do the right thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home